Here’s a very interesting recipe, a home-made pasta recipe. When you hear home-made pasta I am sure u think there must be a lot of hard work involved but d rule I follow with my recipes is simple one: easy to make and yum to eat. So this one too follows trait I have named the recipe orecchiette after the ear shaped pasta that comes from south of Italy. The pasta gets it name from its shape ear shaped, although I dint keep the shape similar to the ear, it looks more like a flower to me but the recipe is similar so the name. Anyway ear or no ear this recipe is sure to keep you asking for more!!
Ingredients for the pasta:
Wheat flour (1 medium sized bowl)
Water (as per needed)
Salt (to taste)
Ingredients for the sauce:
Butter (3 tbspn)
Garlic (2-3 cloves)(thinly sliced)
Fresh Red or green chilli (2) (thinly sliced)
Carrot (1 medium sized)(shredded)
Coriander (finely chopped)
Lemon juice (2-3 drops)(optional)
Dry oregano (1tspn)
Carum seeds (ajwain seeds)(1/2 tspn)
Cheese (I used 2 types of cheeses, the white britania one and the yellow amul cheese slices.)(2 slices and 1 cube) (grated)
Salt (to taste)
- Heat a litre of water in a deep bottom vessel, add 2 tbsp of salt to this water and bring to boil.
- In the while that the water comes to boil make a firm dough with the wheat adding required amount of water and a pinch of salt.
- Roll the dough into a long rope like shape, with a knife cut small portions of the dough and place in dry dough to save them from sticking to each other.
- Apply a little oil to your hand and shape the pasta with your thumb into a small ear shaped.
- Put all the freshly made pasta to the boiling water and cook till the pasta starts floating in the water. Cook for another 2 mins and turn the flame off.
- In another non-stick pan heat the butter and add the garlic and sauté.
- Add the chillies, carrots, thyme, oregano, salt and coriander to this and sauté for two minutes.
- Add the pasta to this add toss well. Add the cheese to the pasta and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and serve hot!!