Now that Maggi is banned in India we need some new quick and yumm recipes for the late night hungers and the early morning rush. So here is one really quick and simple snack ''the Kejrival toast''. N no! it has nothing to do with Mr.Arivind Kejrival, this is in fact a famous street food available in Mumbai at the local 'anda pav (egg and bread) stalls''. this dish comes from another Mr. Kejrival who was not allowed non veg at home so he would eat it outside and in his time at the Wellington club came up with this brilliant dish. Here is my twist to this perfect mumbaiyaa dish.
cheese (2 cubes)
bread (4 slices)
butter (1 tbsp.)
green chilli (2)(finely chopped)
red chilli flakes (1tsp)
black pepper (freshly crushed)
coriander power (1 tsp.)
- Heat a little butter in a pan and toast the bread slices till nicely crispy.you may use your toaster to do this even faster, i just like bread toasted like this better. keep the bread slices aside.
- Beat two eggs in a bowl and, add a pinch of salt to it and keep aside.
- Now, heat 1 tbsp of butter in the pan again, and add the eggs to it and scramble them.
- Place a little bit of egg on each bread, break the cheese cube into small pieces with your hand and add it on top of the eggs.
- Sprinkle a little salt,red chilli flakes, black pepper, coriander powder and a nice amount chopped green chillies.(only add as much chilli as you can handle because they can be really hot.)
- Enjoy hot:)