It all started out with a whim to create something new from kidney beans (Rajma), because it seems like a very versatile ingredient to me. So i took it up this morning as i had saved some of the boiled rajma from last night's dinner. So i settled on the idea of making a kabab from it, and oh! what a delicious whim it turned out to be!! Serve it with a dahi (yougurt) dip or use it as a burger patty, its a healthier option to the normal potato patties as kidney beans are a rich source of protein.
Rajma (Kidney beans) (boiled) (2 cups)
Shepu or sowa (Dill) (1 small bunch)
Kothmir (Coriander) (1 small bunch)
Lehsun (Garlic) (6 cloves)
Bhuna zeera powder (Roasted Cumin powder ) (1 tbsp)
Red chilli powder (2 tbsp)
lemon juice (1 tbsp)
Bread slice (1) (dipped in water)
corn flour (3 tbsp)
oil (for frying)
salt to taste
- In a mixture jar or a small food processor put the kidney beans,dill,coriander,garlic,cumin powder,red chilli powder,lemon juice,bread and salt. Grind it all together.
- you want a thick consistency not a puree, do not add any water at all. The mix has to be thick so that you can shape the kababs easily.
- Set the mix aside for 5 mins before moulding into flat circular kababs.
- Dust each kabab nicely with corn flour and shallow fry them.
- Serve with a smoked yougurt dip or use as a patty in your burger. you decide! enjoy:)