This is one of my mom's recipe that I like to keep original because its already perfect. This recipe has a lot of fond memories attached to it, its the type of masaledaar (spicy) stuff you expect from Indian food. you can serve this as a starter, a side dish or a main course its completely your choice . Hope you like it as much as I do:)
Boneless Chicken (small pieces) (1/2 kg)
Turmeric powder (1/2 tbsp)
Dalchini (Cinnamon) (3 medium sized pieces)
Kali miri (Black pepper) (12-15 peppers)
Zeera (Cumin)(1 tbsp)
Green chillies (6-8)
Lehsun (Garlic cloves) (9 cloves)
Kothmir (Coriander) (1 big bunch)
Oil (1 big spoon)
Salt to tate
- Wash the chicken thoroughly.
- In a deep vessel or a kadai put the chicken and add half a cup of water, turmeric powder and salt.
- Turn the gas on and cook on high flame with the lid on.
- Keep stirring the chicken every two minutes or so, till all the water evaporates.
- At this point add half the amount oil to the chicken and lower the flame.
- cook on low flame till the oil starts separating.
- In the meanwhile grind together coriander, green chilli, garlic and cumin.
- Once the oil starts separating from the chicken, add rest of the oil. (you may add more or less oil depending on your liking)
- After adding the oil the second time, add the coriander paste to the chicken and mix well.
- Give the chicken a nice stir, and cover with the lid again but keep stirring every 2 minutes.
- Cook till the chicken is completely cooked and gets a slight reddish color.
- Serve with a few onion slices and lemon:) enjoy:)