Here's the classic tomato soup recipe. Need i say more??
Ripe Tomatoes (1/2 kg)
Salted butter (4 tbsp)
Onions (1 big or 2 small) (roughly chopped)
Coriander (2 tbsp) (roughly chopped)
Mint leaves (Pudina) (2 tbsp) (roughly chopped)
Garlic (5 cloves) (roughly chopped)
Black pepper powder (1/2 tbsp) (freshly ground)
Red chilli powder (1/2 tbsp)
Sugar (1 tsp)
Salt to taste
- Make 4 superficial slits on each tomato. This will help with the peeling of the tomatoes later.
- Boil enough water to nicely immerse all the tomatoes in a deep bottomed pan. Add the tomatoes and blanch them till the peel starts coming off.
- Put the tomatoes in ice cold water and remove the peels, because of the blanching the peels will come off easily.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes.
- Heat a pressure cooker on low flame. Heat 2 tbsp of butter in it, and add the onions and garlic to it immediately.
- Cook for two minutes till the onions become translucent.
- Add two medium sized glasses of water to this.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, coriander, mint leaves, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, sugar and salt.
- Cover with the lid and pressure cook on medium flame till you get 3 whistles from the cooker.
- Once done, let the soup cool for a bit and process in a food processor.
- Reheat the soup before serving. Serve it topped with fresh cream, butter and bread croutons.
- You may add celery or finely chopped carrots at between steps 6 and 7, to make the soup healthier and to bring a little variety in the flavor. Enjoy:)