Pages

Thursday 29 October 2015

Carrot-Beet-Tomato Soup


Personally, I am not a big fan of eating beetroot raw, so I have to keep finding ways to make it delicious, because we can settle for nothing less! So I figured out one of the best ways to eat this extremely healthy root, and that is to turn it into a soup. My amazingly smart mother is always telling me to somehow, anyhow eat beet which I keep trying to avoid but after this recipe I will be happy to be eating it as much as she asks me to:) Moreover it's a very easy recipe so it's a great thing to add to the regulars on your menu. The combination of health without much hard work is my type of thing, wondering if I should have named my blog the lazy fooding;)

Ingredients:
Carrot (1 small) (shredded)
Beetroot (1 1/2) (pealed and roughly chopped)
Ripe Tomato (1 big) (roughly chopped)
Red Onion (1 small) (roughly chopped)
Coriander (1 tsp)
Mint leaves (1 tsp)
Ginger-Garlic paste (1 tsp)
Garam masala (1/4 tsp)
Red chilli powder (1/2 tsp)
Chaat masala (1/4 tsp)
Dry oregano (optional)
Olive oil (1 tbsp)
Salt to taste

Method:
  1. In a pressure cooker heat 1 tbsp of olive oil, add the onion and saute for a minute.
  2. Add the ginger-garlic paste and and give it a nice stir and add the rest of the ingredients except the oregano.
  3. Mix everything and add one and half glass of water and mix again.
  4. Cover the lid and pressure cook on medium flame. Take 3-4 whistles and turn off the gas.
  5. Once done, let the soup cool for a bit and process in a food processor.
  6. Reheat the soup before serving. You may add some boiled macaroni to the soup when reheating to make the soup more filling. Sprinkle dried oregano before serving. Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...