Spinach leaves (2 cups)(roughly chopped)
Gram flour (1/2 cup)
Green chilli (4-5)
Garlic cloves (3)
Ajwain (carom) (1/2 tbsp)
Chaat masala (1/2 tbsp)
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
- Grind the chilli, garlic and ajwain together and keep aside.
- In a big bowl mix the spinach leaves, gram flour,chaat masala, chilli mixture and salt. Add 1 tbsp of water or a little more if needed, but you don't want a runny batter you want it to be thick and a little sticky. mix well so that the spinach is nicely coated with the flour and masala.
- Heat the oil in the pan on medium heat for deep frying.
- Once oil is hot, add spoonful of pakoda mixture. Make sure that oil is hot enough. If it is not hot then it will absorb too much oil.
- Fry it till it becomes golden brown on both sides. Turn it around while frying for even cooking. Fry a few pakoda's at a time,but do not over crowd them.
- Remove it on paper towel. And serve hot. Enjoy:)