When you have freshly made peanut butter sitting cozily on your kitchen shelf, all you want to do is use it in everything you make! It's on my breakfast table every morning these days. Afterall, who can resist peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? and if you ask me, I could eat them even for dinner! But the family needs variation, so I took a vote and my 'peanut butter flat noodles' won! We had them delightfully and here is the recipe for you to try it too. Enjoy:)
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Serves: 2
Flat noodles (200 gms)
Peanut Butter (4 tbsp)
Roasted sesame seeds (2 tsp)
Salted Peanuts (1/4 cup for garnish)
Soya sauce (1 tbsp)
White Vinegar (1 tsp)
Green chilli sauce (2 tbsp)
Garlic cloves (6-7 cloves) (finely chopped)
Tomato sauce (2 tbsp)
Honey (1 1/2 tsp)
Black pepper powder (1/4 tsp)
Spring Onion (2 tbsp) (finely chopped)
Boneless Chicken (1/2 inch pieces) (100 gm)
Mix Vegetables of your choice (1 medium sized bowl) (roughly chopped) (I used Carrots, Green and Red bell peppers, French Beans and cabbage)
Oil (3 tbsp)
Salt to taste.
- Boil the noodles as per the instruction on the packet and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and add garlic to it. Sauté for a minute on high flame and add half of the spring onion to it. Mix well.
- Add the chicken to this and mix well. Cook for a minute.
- Add the vegetables and mix well. Cook for two minutes.
- Add rest of the ingredients except for the peanuts and noodles.
- Mix well and cook for two minutes or till the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add the noodles and mix well. Cook for two minutes and turn off the flame.
Tips: You should get a thick brown sauce before adding the noodles. The sauce will taste a little strong on flavours at this point, but don't worry the noodles will balance the flavours later.
Check and adjust the seasoning before you add the noodles.
Broccoli goes brilliantly with this recipe. If you want it veg, you can replace the chicken with Paneer, Paneer compliments the recipe brilliantly too!
Serving: Garnish with salted peanuts and serve hot! enjoy!