Ingredients for sauce:
Mixed vegetables (1 onions, 1 Capsicum, ½ cup cabbage, 5-6 French beans and ½ carrot) (roughly chopped)
Baby corn or sweet corn (½ cup)
Vinegar (1 tbspn)
Soya sauce (2 tbspns)
Red Chilly sauce (1 ½ tbspns)
Tomato sauce (3 tbspns)
Black pepper (1 tspn)
Sugar (1 ½ tbspns)
Corn flour (2 tbspns)
1 ½ corn flour combined in 1 cup water
Ingredients for fried noodles:
2 cups boiled noodles, drained and dried on a kitchen towel, sprinkle 1 tbsp of corn flour and mix.
Oil for deep frying.
- Boil the carrot, French beans and corn for two minutes just to cook them a bit before we start cooking drain the water and keep the vegetables aside.
- Heat some oil in a wok and sauté the onions. Add the capsicum, cabbage, and the boiled vegetables and sauté for 5 mins.
- Add the vinegar, soya sauce, tomato sauce, chilly sauce, black pepper, salt and sugar. Mix properly and add 1 ½ cup water cook for 5-7 mins.
- Add the corn flour along with water and go on stirring continuously till it thickens slightly and coats the vegetables. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- To prepare fried noodles, heat oil for deep frying in a vessel. Once hot, reduce flame to medium and place around 2 cups of noodles and cook till it turns golden brown. Remove onto absorbent paper and repeat with rest of the noodles.
- To serve, place the fried noodles on a plate. Ladle the vegetables over the bed of fried noodles and top with a bull’s eye (fried egg).