Every time i find myself alone at home i always tend to cook one pot meals for many reasons the biggest of them being the fact that it saves a lot of cleaning afterwards and the lazy me loves that! So here is one of my easy and quick one pot meal recipe, and to top it, it has chicken, cheese and eggs all in one pot! what more do you want in life:)
Onion (1/2 of a small one)
Tomato (1/2 of a small one )
Capsicum (1/2 of a small one)
Carrot (1/2 of a small onion)
Chicken (50 gms)
Cheese (2 cubes) (grated)
Black pepper powder (1 tbsp)
Dried oregano flakes (1 tbsp)
Red chilli flakes (2 tbsp)
Tomato ketchup (1 tbsp)
Coriander (Kotmir) (2 tbsp) (finely chopped)
Mint leaves (Pudina) (1 tbsp) (finely chopped)
Butter (3 tbsp)
Oil (2 tbsp)
Salt to taste
- Chop all the vegetables together in a food processor finely.
- In a non-stick pan heat the butter and oil together.
- Add the chicken and chopped vegetables to it and saute for 2 mins.
- Add the black pepper powder, oregano, red chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, coriander, mint leaves and salt and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook till the chicken is nicely cooked.This will approximately take 10 mins.Stir the mixture 1-2 times in between.
- Once the chicken is cooked, spread the mix evenly in the pan and sprinkle the grated cheese on top and let it melt.
- Break two whole eggs on the cheese layer and let the eggs cook till the desired consistency. you may cover with the lid again if you want to cook the eggs completely.
- Sprinkle some red chilli flakes and oregano on the top and serve hot with bread or just by itself with a glass of your favorite chilled beverage. Enjoy:)