This is one of my mom’s favorites!! I Was making the normal caramel custard when I thought why no new flavours in a custard?? that thought led to a search in my fridge and I found a lychee syrup, added it to my custard mix and tada!! A delicious lychee flavoured caramel custard; which also manages to look pretty! Mom loves it and I love it that she does!!
Milk (2 cups)
Fresh Cream (1 cup)
Lychee syrup (2 big spoons)
Ice-cream essence (few drops)
Sugar (6-7 tbsp, depends on how sweet you want it)
- Warm the milk slightly and add the fresh cream and 2 tbsp sugar in it (if your lychee syrup is sugar based, if not you may need to add more according to your sweetness preferences), stir continuously till the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Take a flat circular mould and Heat 6-7tbsp of sugar in a till it melts and turns golden brown and swirl to coat the sides of the mould. Keep aside to cool.
- Now add the lychee syrup in milk and mix well. Beat two eggs and add them to the milk, add a few drops of ice-cream essence. Mix all the ingredients well. (Blend in a blender or whisk well.)
- Pour this into the mould that we just coated with the caramel.
- Place the mould in the pressure cooker - elevate the mould with a pressure cooker ring. Pour water very carefully into the pressure cooker till it is about 2" below the rim of the mould.
- Cook for 15 mins.
- Once done let it cool and then place it in the refrigerator for an hour or two.
- To serve, place a plate over the mould, hold firmly in place and turn over gently. The custard will turn over onto the plate, caramel side up! Enjoy:)