What do you do when you get a craving for something sweet at 11 in the night?! You would probably search the fridge out, that’s exactly what I did but instead of picking up some chocolates and gulping them down I decided to cook!! Another search in the fridge and I knew what I was making some fruits, milk, eggs and tada!! Another 20 minutes and I was enjoying my hot custard cake with fresh fruits!! And this is by far my best custard cake!! Here is the recipe hope you enjoy it as much as I did:)
Vanilla slice cake (2)
Milk (1 cup)
Fresh cream (¼ cup)
Fresh fruits (Orange, chikoo, strawberry and green grapes) (diced)
Powdered white sugar (¼ cup)
Vanilla essence (1-2 drops)
Put the oven to preheat at 150 degrees.
- Take a flat circular mould and Heat 3tbsp of sugar in a till it melts and turns golden brown and swirl to coat the sides of the mould. Keep aside to cool.
- Mix the sugar in the milk and add a beaten egg and cream to it. Add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Crush the cake finely in the mould that has been coated with sugar. Put the fruits and pour the milk mix into the mould.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 15 – 20 mins. Once done let it cool.
- To serve, place a plate over the mould, hold firmly in place and turn over gently.
- The custard cake will turn over onto the plate, caramel side up! Enjoy:)